1. The teacher asked us to _______ the text carefully.
A. read B. write C. listen D. speak
2. The _______ of the new school building is very impressive.
A. design B. structure C. shape D. size
3. The students are _______ to learn about the history of the city.
A. excited B. interested C. curious D. surprised
4. The teacher asked us to _______ the questions in the exercise book.
A. answer B. solve C. explain D. describe
5. The _______ of the new school is very modern.
A. decoration B. furniture C. equipment D. architecture
One day, a farmer was walking in the fields. He saw a small bird on the ground. It was injured and couldn’t fly. The farmer was very kind and he decided to help the bird. He took it home and put it in a cage.
He gave it some food and water. He also put some cotton in the cage so that the bird could make a nest. After a few days, the bird was feeling better. It could fly again.
The farmer was very happy. He opened the cage and the bird flew away. The farmer said, “I’m glad I could help the bird. I’m sure it will remember me.”
The farmer was right. A few days later, the bird came back with a small branch in its beak. It put the branch in the farmer’s hand. The farmer was very surprised. He said, “Thank you, little bird. I’m very happy that you remembered me.”
1. What did the farmer do when he saw the injured bird?
A. He killed it.
B. He took it home.
C. He ignored it.
D. He chased it away.
2. What did the farmer do to help the bird?
A. He gave it food and water.
B. He put it in a cage.
C. He put some cotton in the cage.
D. All of the above.
3. What did the bird do when it came back?
A. It put a small branch in the farmer’s hand.
B. It flew away.
C. It made a nest.
D. It ate the food.
4. What can we learn from the story?
A. We should help injured animals.
B. Animals can’t remember people.
C. Animals can’t fly.
D. Animals can’t talk.